MUSIC, BARBRA, CHER, BETTE, DIANA, VALERIE AND FRIENDS

MUSIC, BARBRA, CHER, BETTE, DIANA, VALERIE AND FRIENDS
BARBRA THE CONCERT

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

DOUG MAGAZINE OCTOBER 2 2013

DISCOVER THE WORLD OF ARTISAN BEEF THE HEAD TO TAIL PHILOSOPHY OF EATING IS, THANKFULLY, ONE OF THE FASTEST GROWING FOOD TRENDS. aT THIS WEEK'S mEATcAMP CHAT, WE HELD AN INTRODUCTORY SESSION ON HOW TO IDENTIFY AND COOK THE NOT-SO-FANCY CUTS OF BEEF, PORK, LAMB, AND CHICKEN, INCLUDING OFFAL. RIDGEWAY FARM WE'RE JUST TWO PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN NEW ENGLAND, LOVE ANIMALS, AND MADE THE CRAZY DECISION TO START OUR OWN HOBBY FARM FOR FUN. JOIN US FOR THE ADMENTURE. BUSY SUMMER I LOVE SUMMER, BUT IT SURE IS BUSY ON A FARM IN SUMMERTIME! SO WHAT HAVE WE BEEN UP TO ON THE FARM THIS SUMMER? WELL WE REALLY ENJOYED RAISING THE TWO PIGS LAST YEAR SO WE ARE DOING THAT AGAIN. THIS YEAR IT IS TWO MALE PIGLETS. WE PICKED THEM UP IN JUNE, AND HERE THAY ARE AT ABOUT 12 WEEKS IN AGE. DESERT SURVIVOR EXPLORING THE DESERT AND WHAT IT TAKES FOR PLANTS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE TO SURVIVE (WITH A TOUCH OF HUMOR). JOIN ME FOR MEET THE ARTIST, WITCH FASHION SHOW, AND WITCH SCAVENGER HUNT! THIS THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3RD, I AM GOING TO BE AT A FUN EVENT GOING ON AT GARDNER VILLAGE IN WEST JORDAN, AND I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO JOIN ME! WORLD-RENOWNED FOLK ARTIST, ERIC DOWDLE, WILL UNVEIL HIS LATEST HALLOWEEN PAINTING "GARDNER VILLAGE WITCHFEST" AND BE ON HAND TO SIGN PRINTS AND PUZZLES. THE EVENT WILL GO FROM 6PM TO 8PM. THERE WILL ALSO BE A WITCH FASHION SHOW, AND EVERYBODY FAVORITE... HERE'S MY STEVE BALLMER STORY. It’s a small story but of interest, I think, because of what came after. In 1995 I worked as a freelance writer and print designer and I had just made up my mind to put more of my time and attention into designing and building websites, something I had started doing the year before. Pitching web work back then meant selling clients on why they needed a web site at all – sometimes even selling them on what the World Wide Web was and why it mattered to their business -- and most still preferred the familiar comfort of a (paper-bound) marketing brochure. I was nervous about my decision then, but can happily report in hindsight that I bet on the right horse. In August of that year I took a two-week contract to do some technical writing for the Excel product group, and spent my two weeks on Microsoft’s Redmond campus in, as it turned out, the same hallway occupied by Steve Ballmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment